Coastal Community Action Program (CCAP) is in charge of five houses designated specifically for the chronically mentally ill homeless population.
The tenants are Behavioral Health Resources (BHR) clients, although if the tenant’s BHR services are concluded, they are allowed to continue tenancy. CCAP own and operate the houses and act as a landlord.
The case manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the properties. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Screen individuals for possible residency
- Ensuring all tenant documentation is complete prior to move-in, including signed rental agreement, proof of income, and background checks, etc.
- Monitoring rent and deposit payments are made within the rental agreements guidelines.
- Attending House Meetings with a residential case manager from BHR when requested.
- Maintaining all resident files ensuring all payments to vendors is made in a timely manner.
- Conducting all move-in and move-out inspection and returning resident deposits when appropriate.
Please call 360-500-4509 for further information